Thursday, December 4, 2008

Final Project- The American Psyche after 9/11

I have narrowed my topic down once more to the American Psyche after 9/11. I feel like setting a time period on my topic will help me narrow not only resources but research as well. I will still be focusing on multiple topics within that time range (as opposed to how 9/11 has affected us). I intend to interview faculty as well as students on the subject. I intend to make the questions specific rather than general, opposed to Mr. Boom's approach (but we will see). I will make sure to check and see if Dr. Hamilton will answer a few questions and who knows who else. This project may take up a life of its own. I might try to focus on the subject kind of "us compared to them:" The interviewees thoughts on our foreign relationships. The main question will probably be something like, "Do you think that Americans misinterpret the world?" a follow up may be "Do you think the world misinterprets America?" Maybe a "how? here and there, then I might ask "Why do you think that is?" I am very pleased with how this can work. I do need a camera though, that could be a problem (my teacher has one, I hope I can use. We'll see).

No comments: