Sunday, November 30, 2008

After listening to Richard Lloyd's Podcast, which I highly recommend only because it is simply interesting, I have come up with some very interesting conclusions. For one, as I already assumed, American's rely on profits too much and drive to attain profits rather than morally good things that don't fuel the individualist mindset. Another thing that they discuss in the podcast is that the worst societal inversion is speculation. This is very interesting. Not only do I agree but they also are speculating! So I'd say it is even more true. The last thing I learned is that the fundamental attribution error is more prevalent than I thought. These psychoanalysts in the podcast are attributing personal characteristic flaws to society and people hurting the society. In the podcast the woman on it talks about how profits are a societal inversion, but mid podcast she says "Profits aren't bad! We like profits." Well she likes profits because it 'gets her by,' but when she observes someone who likes profits she considers that person greedy. I consider that part of the error and her a hypocrite. Lots of interesting ideas in the podcast, I will continue to follow it and ask that you do too.

No comments: